Wednesday, January 23, 2008

let the games begin...

well i figured it was about time to get this whole blog thing going. don't really know what to say other than the fact i am ready to get this final semester over here at the Art Academy. not that i don't like the place, hell i've been here for close to 5 years now, its just time for me to move on to new frontiers. hopefully this thing will help get contacts and get the ball rollin'!!!!
working on thesis materials is taking it outta me, but i am more prepared for this semester than i was last. this should keep me going in the right direction.changing some things in terms of the actual artwork, moving the imagery from an altar to the altar of the body gives me a more concrete understanding as to why i am working with the imagery of heaven, hell, creation, death, and consciousness. tying in my own personal history also give me a feel that i am coming closer to the answers i seek.

who are we?
where do we come from?
why do we fear death?

maybe soon i will be able to answer these questions for myself.
...until then...

1 comment:

Bailey said...

Wow! Nick in reading your last post, i can see so many similarities in our thinking. That is somewhat the whole basis to my thesis. The process of finding out who I am and searching for answers to our being. I guess that is why i am having some trouble right now producing some work because right now i think i am in the middle of a shift in life. i too feel different this semester from last, but in the opposite! I felt more prepared last semester than this one, but i'll catch it here soon. i personally feel we should talk about some things maybe stir up some ideas for the both of us¡

be easy